Friday, May 09, 2008

Mom, How'd You Get So Smart?

"Mom, How'd You Get So Smart?" is the topic of the 48th Carnival of Genealogy, coming soon! In this carnival, bloggers share the history of their mothers' educations, whether formal, self-taught, or via the school of life. I know quite a bit about my mother's educational life, through her stories, letters, and the wonderful scrapbooks she created in junior high and high school. I had a sudden inspiration to go directly to the source and ask Mom to write her memories of school life, herself. She has always been a wonderful writer, as the hundreds of weekly letters she wrote to her parents from Alaska to Michigan during my childhood years can attest. If only I had had more forethought, I might have asked earlier to borrow some of the scrapbooks and photo albums and scan some of her school pictures and snapshots of her schools (we live two hours away from each other). Perhaps at a later date I will add those to the posts to illustrate them. Lucky me! I found a few photographs that I had scanned last summer to illustrate these posts!

Therefore, it is my great pleasure and privilege to introduce you to a very special guest blogger, Faith Valk Robbins, who will be composing memories of her school days to share with us. Please welcome her!

No comments: