Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Frugal Genealogy: Conferences, Workshops, and Classes



Many Family History Centers offer free family history conferences once a year or once every other year. Although most of the classes are geared toward beginners, occasionally there is an intermediate topic. Classes on various software, methodology and using the Family History Center to order microforms are almost always included. Some offer a sack lunch at a minimal fee. Contact your local Family History Center to see whether they have a family history conference planned in the near future.

This post is part of a ten-part series on Frugal Genealogy, based on my most-requested presentation, "Frugal Genealogy, or How Not to Spend a Fortune on Your Family Tree." Each post in this series will focus on one of ten topics I discuss in my presentation, and I freely share one tip from each topic. If you would like me to speak to your group anywhere in the Pacific Northwest on this or any other subject, please contact me.

2 comments:

Herstoryan said...

Ooo, that is interesting; I did not know that! Thanks, I'll keep an eye out! :)

Miriam Robbins said...

I love sharing tips with the genealogical community...you never know when it will help someone out!

Thanks for dropping by!