Thursday, March 08, 2007

International Woman's Day

Today is International Woman's Day, and I invite you to read the stories I've written about the women in my husband's and my ancestry over at my website, AnceStories. A list of some of Norm's ancestors is here and my list is here. My sister-in-law also has a story of a great-great-grandmother here. None of the women featured in these stories were famous or did anything "extraordinary;" most lived quiet, hard-working, perhaps even heart-breaking lives, as have the majority of people throughout history.

In turn, I'd love to read about the women in your family, so please post your stories or links, too!

(P.S. In order to be viewed properly, some of the backgrounds on my site's pages require that your screen resolution be set to 800 x 600 pixels. For most computers, right click on your desktop, choose "Properties" and then "Settings" to find where to change the screen resolution.)

2 comments:

Becky Wiseman said...

You've done a great job on the biographies of your ancestors, Miriam, interesting and well written. I love the photographs! They add so much to the stories.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Your family's story is so well written and organized. I enjoyed reading about Ruth, Lillian and Marie today.