Friday, December 07, 2007

Advent Memories No. 7: Christmas Grab Bag

Christmas Grab Bag



This is an all-time favorite photo of my children, Christmas or no. I believe it was taken in early December 1996, the first Christmas season in our current home. My son was nearly three, and my daughter was six years old. They'd been watching a favorite video when they both fell asleep. I look at this photo a lot these days, now that they're teenagers and don't often exude the sweet innocence you see here. ;-)

(I backdated this post; I really wanted to post it in time for December 7th, but I couldn't find the photo! A third search of the same photo box turned it up immediately in time for me to post this on the 15th!)

This post is a part of the "Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories" meme created by Thomas and Jasia. You, too, can write your own Christmas memories, either for your personal journal or blog; Click on their names for the list of topics. To see what others have written, go here.

2 comments:

TheGeneticGenealogist said...

Miriam,

What a beautiful picture! My son is 2 and 1/2, and I have a feeling he's going to be a teenager before I know it.

This is the first year he's been excited about Christmas, and it's been so much fun. It's almost like being a kid again myself.

Miriam Robbins said...

Blaine, these really are the precious years...take lots of pictures of his sweet toddler self, as (believe me!) you'll need them to get through his teenage years.

One of my favorite parenting quotes is "the days are long, but the years are short." The older they get, the faster the years fly, it seems, too.

Thanks for dropping by!