Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shape Collage

Funny how a random stroll through the Internet can turn up some of the most interesting toys! I got an e-mail earlier this week that Randy Gentry of Gentry Family Tree was following me on Twitter, so after following him back, I went to take a look at his blog. At the bottom, I noticed a neat family photo collage by Shape College, a "free automatic photo collage maker." I decided to give it a whirl, downloaded the program, added 26 ancestral photos and created a small heart-shaped collage for myself:

The great thing is, you can make text collages (think Family or Ancestors or your surname!), add colored borders to the photos, use any shape, or even customize it to make all those photos create another photo of their own (you'll need a lot of photos to that!). For $25, you can upgrade to a personal pro product which will remove the watermark, create and save templates, and give you the ability to rotate, move and reorder photos within a collage.

Doesn't this sound like fun? Now go on, get busy playing! And thanks, Randy!

1 comment: