Sunday, December 09, 2012

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories No. 9: Grab Bag

(Originally written in December 2007)

Christmas Grab Bag


This is an all-time favorite photo of my children, Christmas or no. I believe it was taken in early December 1996, the first Christmas season in our current home. My son was nearly three, and my daughter was six years old. They'd been watching a favorite video when they both fell asleep. My daughter is an adult now, works hard at three jobs, and lives on her own. She is making her own adult Christmas memories now. My son is also is a young adult, gainfully employed, and saving up to afford to live on his own soon. I really miss the days when cuddling them could resolve most of their problems, and I look forward to the days when there will someday be little ones--in the form of grandbabies--in my home at Christmas time once again!

This post is a part of the "Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories" meme created in 2007 by Thomas and Jasia. You, too, can write your own Christmas memories, either for your personal journal or blog. Visit Geneabloggers to participate and to read others' posts on these topics.

No comments: