Saturday, September 22, 2007

Footnote's New Military Page

Footnote.com has recently put together a new military "landing" page, i.e. a page that lists all its military records in historical order, grouped by wars. This will make searching for your ancestors' military records a little easier.

I'm always excited about Footnote's website! There are so many great records available and I only wish I had more time to peruse them! I will be presenting information both on military records and the Footnote site to my students in my new Intermediate Online Genealogy course at the Community Colleges of Spokane's Institute for Extended Learning during the upcoming Winter Quarter. I will also be presenting a members-only Internet class for the Eastern Washington Genealogical Society on how to best use and navigate the Footnote site in September 2008.

If you don't yet have a Footnote membership, go here to start your free 7-day trial to access all their images!

No comments: