Sunday, April 08, 2007

What I'm Reading These Days - Part 2

Linda Palmer e-mailed me back in February, asking me to send her a copy of the Online Research form I created. I was so honored! In the course of our "conversation," I discovered that she is the blogmaster of three blogs. One is the Washington State Genealogical Society – Region II – King and Pierce Counties and the other two are for the University of Washington Certificate Program of Genealogy and Family History Alumni Association: Announcements and Recaps and In the News. She is also the webmaster for the Genealogy and Family History Alumni Association website (still in beta).

As a Washington State resident and instructor of Online Genealogy for my local community college district, Linda's blogs hold a lot of personal interest for me. The lists of workshops, interest groups, and computer classes that are available on the west side of the Cascades for the genealogical community is enviable! If you are a Pacific Northwest resident, be sure to take the time to visit her blogs to find out what's cooking in our neck of the woods. If you're out-of-area, you may like to stop by and get some ideas, perhaps for your local genealogical society to implement.

I have been known to be wrong a time or two, but Linda suspiciously reminds me of another blogger I know: Zoe from footnoteMaven. While Linda's blogs are professionally written in an informative, no-nonsense format, Zoe's allows for her creativity and personality to shine through. One of the first things you'll notice is the large Carnival of Genealogy poster she's designed, each one themed for the current COG edition. She's also created a clever "Blog the COG" badge for each of the carnies to post on their blogs. Don't forget her Genealogy Bloggers' Quilt, a visual blogroll of her favorite blogs, many of which are mine, too. It's not just her artwork, but her posts are worthwhile, too, and I'll especially enjoy reading her future COG posts.

1 comment:

footnoteMaven said...

While Linda and I have a lot in common, we look nothing alike.

Thank you for all your kind words and excellent work on your blog! I always enjoy stopping by to see what's new.