Friday, January 09, 2015

Friday Finds and Follows: 9 January 2015



Articles and posts that caught my eye:

Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness is Back Online by Dick Eastman at Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter - I'm excited to hear one of my favorite genealogy websites is back online!

How to DeClutter Photos Like an Archivist by Sally Jacobs at Practical Archivist - great idea for those New Year's resolutions!

Genealogy Do-Over without Using the Internet by Barbara Poole at Life from the Roots - I have usually found I'm much more efficient if I happen to go without the Internet, either voluntarily or not. I was interested in Barbara's take.

Online Indexes for Death Records, Cemeteries and Obituaries (USA) - Latest Additions by Joe Beine at Genealogy Roots Blog - I enjoy seeing updates to Joe's famous website, DeathIndexes.com.

This Day in History: Samuel Morse Demonstrates Telegraph Machine by Dick Eastman at Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter - I found this article fascinating as I realized how the telegraph machine changed people's lives as much as the Internet has. I imagined how it affected my ancestors.


My New Genealogy Follows at Twitter:

@gargaroblog, @SteveBFTR, @HistoryByPaula, @familymemo1, @JoFullCircle, @JanetFew, @TraceMyTree, @evergreen_anc, @CharnwoodGenie, @ancresbyjacq, @GSQPresident, @HannArchive, @Genealogy_links, @Nana_Cheryl, @mrsdewinter, @GenealogyBranch, @Special2Us, @knitgenie, @MaureenLElliott, @rstevens1963, @HeirloomArch


Genealogy Facebook Pages I've "Liked":

Follow Me

Check out my websites:


Online Historical Directories 


Online Historical Newspapers

Pin It

No comments: