Friday, December 14, 2012

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories No. 14: Fruitcake - Friend or Foe?

Fruitcake--Friend or Foe

Did you like fruitcake? Did your family receive fruitcakes? Have you ever re-gifted fruitcake? Have you ever devised creative uses for fruitcake?

I love fruitcake! The moist, rich kind is a favorite. I have tasted some that were dry and not so great, and probably most people who dislike fruitcake have had the same misfortune. I've never re-gifted a fruitcake, and in my opinion, there's only one good purpose for it: eating it!


This post is a part of the "Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories" meme created in 2007 by Thomas and Jasia. You, too, can write your own Christmas memories, either for your personal journal or blog. Visit Geneabloggers to participate and to read others' posts on these topics.

2 comments:

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Sounds like you have been very lucky with your fruitcake encounters! I've never been brave enough to give it a try.

Miriam Robbins said...

Colleen, it probably helped that my dad used to make it. Being exposed to it at an early age, in all its homemade goodness, definitely was a factor!