Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Everton Staff Put the "Help" in "Helper"

Last summer, I subscribed to the Everton's Genealogical Helper online edition, for an over 50% savings of the cost of their print edition. I downloaded the July-August 2008 issue and enjoyed reading the articles and being able to click right on the links to be taken immediately to the corresponding websites to which they referred.

About a month ago, I realized I hadn't accessed the September-October issue. I went to the website, but was having difficulty. I could log in, but when I clicked on the link to access the online edition, I was brought back to the login screen. So using the "Contact Us" feature, I sent off an e-mail explaining my predicament. I received an response the next day from Walt Fuller, President and Publisher of Everton with some suggestions and another one from Miste Newport, Office Administrator, the following day, with step-by-step instructions. I'm still not sure what the problem was (user error? faulty links?), but I have to say that the customer service is out of this world! Thanks to Everton's Genealogical Helper helpful staff, I was able to download both the September-October 2008 issue as well as the November-December one. You can be sure they've got a repeat customer!

1 comment:

Becky Thompson said...

I'm thrilled with the online edition too. It's nice that you gave them some publicity! Thanks for a great post!