Articles and posts that caught my eye:
- Ancestry to Retire Family Tree Maker Software by Kendall Hulet at Ancestry.com Blog - Big news this week!
- 3 Things to Consider with the End of Family Tree Maker by Amy Johnson Crow at Amy Johnson Crow Blog - Good advice to go with the big news
- MyHeritage Releases Over 150,000 Family History Books - FREE to Access by Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings - More big news this week!
- Five Reasons We Can't Find the Records We Want by Elizabeth Shown Mills at Evidence Explained Blog - Great food for thought, especially the last line of this post.
- Finding Nellie Part 2: Married, with Mysteries by Elizabeth O'Neal at Little Bytes of Life - Of course, you'll also have to read Part 1.
- Prioritizing Genealogy Work by JLog at JLog Blog - "If your health were to fail tomorrow, or your life circumstances change dramatically in some other way, which of these [genealogy projects] would you wish you’d spent the most time on?" Some good thoughts to ponder.
My New Genealogy Follows at Twitter:
@CousinDetective, @ExtremeGenes, @My_History, @mycanvas, @FrugalGenealogy, @HistoricEngland, @FamilyHistoryUK, @OGSHamilton, @Omega_DNA, @asnjaart, @GSMD, @RootsBid, @familyhist2DAY
Genealogy Facebook Pages I've "Liked":
- No new likes this week (I'm taking a hiatus from Facebook until after the New Year). Be sure to check out Katherine R. Willson's incredible Genealogy on Facebook list for more genealogy pages and groups.
- Facebook: I'm taking a hiatus from Facebook until after the New Year.
- Feedly: AnceStories blog, EWGS Blog, Online Historical Directories Blog, Online Historical Newspapers Blog
- Linked In
- Pinterest: personal, AnceStories
Check out my websites:
Online Historical Directories
Online Historical Newspapers