Sunday, January 04, 2015

Corrected 2015 Scanfest Dates

I recently realized I had an incorrect date on my 2015 Scanfest Dates poster. The last Sunday of May generally falls on Memorial Day weekend since Memorial Day is commemorated on the last Monday of that month. I usually host Scanfest one week earlier to avoid the holiday weekend. However, in double-checking my calendar, I realized that the last Sunday of May falls on May 31st, and there is no such date as May 32nd! The original poster showed May 24th as the Scanfest date, but that actually is in the middle of Memorial Day weekend this year.

Here's the corrected poster. I've also corrected my original post.


Please consider joining us for one or more of the Scanfests, to enjoy chatting with other genealogists and family archivists about preservation, old photos and documents, research, and other topics as well!

Pin It

No comments: