Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Finds and Follows: 17 October 2014

Articles and posts that caught my eye:

What Teaching First Graders Has Taught Me About Genealogy by Elyse Doerflinger at Elyse's Genealogy Blog: On a Journey to Find My Roots

150-Year-Old Confederate Diary Gives Up Secrets to Volunteer Code Breaker by Eric Durr at HumanEvents (hat tip: Leland Meitzler at GenealogyBlog)

I Share DNA with my Adopted Son by Becky Jamison at Grace and Glory

Use Sealed Wood or Metal Bookshelves to Protect Your Book Collection by Dave Greenbaum at Lifehacker - because genealogists have books (usually more books than shelves!)

Hiding Out in the Open: Researching LGBT Ancestors by Thomas MacEntee at GeneaBloggers

Free Genealogist’s Toolkit to Power Your Family History Research by Julia Szucs Smith at the Blog

My New Genealogy Follows at Twitter:

@Crestleaf, @CindyDragon57, @MVgenlady, @vjthpsn, @ForensicFamily, @FindMyOrigins, @patsy19901709, @JennyLanctot, @Barbw6kids, @StoredTreasures, @confusethedead, @CherylsTwigs, @parJude, @GenealogyTrackr, @yourlineage, @TeamGenealogica, @100YearsToday, @HistoryRemnants

Genealogy Facebook Pages I've "Liked":

Follow Me

Check out my websites:

Online Historical Directories 

Online Historical Newspapers

Pin It

No comments: