Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Finds and Follows: 17 October 2014



Articles and posts that caught my eye:

What Teaching First Graders Has Taught Me About Genealogy by Elyse Doerflinger at Elyse's Genealogy Blog: On a Journey to Find My Roots

150-Year-Old Confederate Diary Gives Up Secrets to Volunteer Code Breaker by Eric Durr at HumanEvents (hat tip: Leland Meitzler at GenealogyBlog)

I Share DNA with my Adopted Son by Becky Jamison at Grace and Glory

Use Sealed Wood or Metal Bookshelves to Protect Your Book Collection by Dave Greenbaum at Lifehacker - because genealogists have books (usually more books than shelves!)

Hiding Out in the Open: Researching LGBT Ancestors by Thomas MacEntee at GeneaBloggers

Free Genealogist’s Toolkit to Power Your Family History Research by Julia Szucs Smith at the Ancestry.com Blog


My New Genealogy Follows at Twitter:

@Crestleaf, @CindyDragon57, @MVgenlady, @vjthpsn, @ForensicFamily, @FindMyOrigins, @patsy19901709, @JennyLanctot, @Barbw6kids, @StoredTreasures, @confusethedead, @CherylsTwigs, @parJude, @GenealogyTrackr, @yourlineage, @TeamGenealogica, @100YearsToday, @HistoryRemnants


Genealogy Facebook Pages I've "Liked":


Follow Me

Check out my websites:


Online Historical Directories 



Online Historical Newspapers

Pin It

No comments: