Thursday, June 03, 2010

See You at Jamboree!


Today marks only one week until I leave for the Southern California Genealogical Society's annual Jamboree  at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel in Burbank, California. This three-day extravaganza (June 11 - 13) not only is an opportunity to learn genealogy research tips and strategies from the best of the best as well as browse a variety of vendor tables with all the latest and greatest products, it's also a social gathering of the many geneabloggers around the globe. Last year was the first Geneablogger Meetup at Jamboree, and like every other geneablogger who was unable to attend, I was green with envy!

Well this year, I'll be my normal coloring, because not only will I be attending, I'll also be one of the panel of geneabloggers in the Blogger's Summit (Part I) on Saturday morning at 10 AM, along with Elyse Doerflinger, Thomas MacEntee, Pat Richley (DearMYRTLE), and Randy Seaver! Besides the Blogger Summit, there are a number of other lectures I know I will enjoy, as well as the Evergreen Cemetery tour Friday morning. While at the cemetery, I hope to have an opportunity to visit the grave of my husband's ancestor, Pleasant Clark TOLLIVER (1861 - 1918).

If you are a reader of this blog or a fellow geneablogger and are planning to be in attendance, I hope you will introduce yourself if you see me. I have a number of mini Moos from both my AnceStories blog and my Online Historical Directories and Online Historical Newspapers websites that I will be handing out as well. I'm very much looking forward to connecting with others!

3 comments:

Bill West said...

There'll be news reports of a green glow in the sky across America as
those of us who can't attend glow
gree with envy en masse.

Have a great time, Miriam!

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Looking forward to meeting you!

Debbie Blanton McCoy said...

I've wanted to go to the Jamboree for several years, even before knowing a lot of the Geneabloggers. Now I want to go even more. Maybe next year I can make it. Have a great time and I can't wait to read all about it!