Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Vote for Your Favorite Genealogy Blog


Hmm...this is hard for me.

It's hard to write this post and it was hard to vote.

Family Tree Magazine last month requested nominations for their upcoming Best Genealogy Blogs article for their May 2010 issue. I didn't mention on my blog before because a) I've been extremely busy since the school year started which has prevented me from blogging much; b) I've had on-and-off computer issues that have only recently been resolved; and c) I really don't like mentioning contests in which I could possibly be a nominee...it's just not my style. However I did nominate several of my favorites. The nominations are now in (131 blogs!) and readers can vote here until November 5. There are ten categories in which to pick 40 blogs. I'm honored that AnceStories made the All-Around category:
These bloggers give you a little (or a lot) of everything: news, research advice, their own family stories, photos, opinions and more...

Congratulations to all the others who were nominated. Every one is well-deserving of this award, and I can attest it was very difficult for me to choose only the 40!

4 comments:

Bill West said...

Congratulations Miriam! Very well
deserved nomination.

I know what you mean about the voting thing. I didn't and don't feel comfortable with asking people to vote for me, so I don't.

I have mentioned the contest in general though and I had to thank folks for nominating me, because frankly, I didn't expect I would make the cut!

Bill

Leland said...

Don't be shy now. You have a great blog - one that I read regularly. And I think everyone should vote for AnceStories. I did.

Miriam Robbins said...

Thank you, Bill and Leland, for your kind words and for taking the time to write them.

You both write two of my favorite blogs!

Amy (WeTree) said...

Congratulations on the nomination, Miriam! You do good work!

I don't like drawing attention, either. However, I was so stunned at my own nomination that it made it easier to post about it. I won't do much lobbying though. I'm just happy to have made it this far. :)