It's just five and a half months till the annual Federation of Genealogical Societies “Conference for the Nation’s Genealogists” that takes place this year in Little Rock, Arkansas. In past years it has been in Philadelphia, Fort Wayne, Boston, Salt Lake City, Orlando and other cities. The committees for both the Federation of Genealogical Societies and the host society, the Arkansas Genealogical Society, have been busy working on the details for the September 2-5, 2009 event. The Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau and the host hotels have been a joy to work with.
• Choose from almost 200 lectures, workshops, special events, and meals offered during this event.
• A free Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social for conference registrants on Tuesday afternoon.
• Large Exhibit Hall filled with organizations, businesses, and individuals showcasing memberships, publications, databases, hardware, maps, books, digital images, services, and hundred of other items of interest to genealogists and related fields.
• Delegate Luncheon and special lectures for Delegates of FGS member societies and anyone else interested in learning more about FGS, running a genealogical society, getting new members, putting on seminars, creating a dramatic website, and much more.
• Networking Luncheon with no speaker. A perfect way to meet other conference registrants. Some tables will be designate for certain discussion topics, such as Arkansas research (by sections of the state), Confederate research, Genealogical Blogging (including the use of Twitter and Facebook) and some will have no designated topic.
• Several other great luncheons with speakers sponsored by various genealogical organizations.
• For the full and varied program and registration details check the Conference website at www.FGSConference.org or the frequently updated Conference Blog at www.FGSConferenceBlog.org.
FGS and AGS invite you to join us at this exciting conference.
FGS Conference Website: www.FGSConference.org
FGS Conference Blog: www.FGSConferenceblog.org