Sunday, February 01, 2009

Taking a Break

I'm taking a self-imposed break from blogging for one week. My shoulder has been getting progressively worse since I started work a month ago, in both the intensity and duration of pain as well as the involuntary movements and muscle spasms I'm experiencing--identical to what was occurring in the weeks before surgery. Last night was the worst night, painwise, I've had in the eight months since all this started and I can't continue blogging, working, driving, doing paperwork, and keeping house without risking injury or worse. Something has to give for a bit, and I'm hoping a break from blogging will relieve the symptoms some.

I'll still be online, as I can read other blogs and my e-mails and publish my comments. It's just keyboarding that is stressing my left shoulder and arm, and while it's possible to type with just one hand, it's too frustrating for me to go that slow.

Thank you for your understanding.

10 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

It's a good step in taking care of yourself! I sure understand and am glad you'll have the break. Take care while doing your others duties--this could be an important week of real rest and that's valuable. My best to you!

Unknown said...

Take care of yourself, Miriam. We'll miss you, but we certainly understand.

Bill West said...

Hope you feel better soon, Miriam!

Renee Zamora said...

So sorry to hear you are in pain. I will miss you blog posts but understand the reasoning behind not writing. Hope you find relief soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Miriam,

Rest that shoulder! Do what you gotta do!

We'll miss you and suffer shelfishly for a week. (Take more time if you need to).

Besides! your past posts are always worth a second or third read!

Peace,
"Guided by the Ancestors"

footnoteMaven said...

Miriam:

The most important person is you, and all your loyal readers will be there when you return.

I am so glad you are thinking of yourself first, for once. I hope the vacation leads to pain free days.

-fM

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Miriam,

I am very sorry that your shoulder has gotten worse. Cut back wherever you can. I really hope your doctor and PT can give relief soon.

Apple

Anonymous said...

Greetings Miriam,
Sorry to hear your shoulder is causing you pain again. Get some rest and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Jasia said...

I hope you're pain free soon Miriam! I can really relate to your pain and the frustration you must feel at having your activities limited. I threw my back out and I'm stuck in bed :-( I hate it!

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

This may be a blessing in disguise - a little break from blogging can refresh the mind!
Evelyn in Montreal