Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Genealogy Happy Dance - Again!

Oh. My. Gosh.

I'm sitting here at the computer trying to put my finishing touches on my post for the next Carnival of Genealogy AND warming up my scanner for the next Scanfest session (3 - 6 PM today, Pacific Daylight Time), when in comes an e-mail:
My grandmother passed away last December and yesterday we were going through the house and found a bible belonging to Ann (Wilson) Westaby with hand written family names and dates. The Bible was printed in 1852 and the last date of information she put in was 1878. I found you by searching Thomas Westaby on google which led me to rootsweb. Didn't know if you would be interested in seeing photos or (a) scanned copy of the handwriting.

Ann was hubby's 3rd-great-grandmother, and with her husband, they were the immigrant ancestors for this family line to the United States from England in 1850. Can you hear me screaming for joy? ;-)

4 comments:

Terry Thornton said...

Miriam, I'm doing a happy dance for you! This is super good news. Don't you just love these kinds of dances?
TERRY

Sheri Fenley said...

Miriam,

Whoo Hoo!!! Boogie Boogie Cha Cha Cha!! Those kind of things are one in a million! It couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Sheri Fenley

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks for celebrating with me, Terry and Sheri!

Anonymous said...

Hello Miriam:
I was surfing the net for fellow family historians and for your site. Congrats on this great news (I know I'm a little late). I hope to experience similar triumphs on my journey as well. Best of luck with your continued search.