Thursday, January 16, 2014

My 8th Blogiversary

Image found at Punchbowl.com.

Today is my eighth blogiversary. Time flies when you're having fun! I think about the friends I've made through blogging, both fellow geneabloggers and my readers. I've had great opportunities because of blogging, too: traveling, free products to review, and some nice awards. Finally, I've made connections with others researching the same lines or locations.

I've long been wanting to get back into blogging more frequently again. Each year, it's easy to make a New Year's resolution that I will do so, but blogging takes time: time to think, time to research, time to write, time to revise and edit, time to find links and images, and time to publish. We all have the same number of hours in each day, but I work longer hours than I did when I first started blogging, and I exercise more (at the height of my blogging days, I was extremely overweight, due mainly to my sedentary lifestyle). I try to do better research, too, and that often limits me in what I'm going to write. As I've become a better and more thorough researcher, I realize how time-consuming the fact-checking and source citing becomes, and yet, how necessary.

My goal this year is to publish a Tuesday's Tip post and a Surname Saturday post each week. The first is because that seems to be most popular with my readers, and the second is to reach out to connect with fellow researchers. I'll continue to host Scanfest once a month, and I aim to write one ancestor's story (AnceStory) per month.

Will I succeed? I will do my best, but I won't beat myself up when I don't quite make it. I'm using my Genealogy Blog Post Planner, and not only does it help me plan WHAT to write, it helps me to plan WHEN to write.

I thank each and everyone of you who has taken the time to read my thoughts, dreams, disappointments, and research goals and logs over the past eight years. You are a wonderful audience, and I appreciate you immensely.

Happy Hunting!

Pin It

No comments: