Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories No. 14: Fruitcake - Friend or Foe?

Fruitcake--Friend or Foe

Did you like fruitcake? Did your family receive fruitcakes? Have you ever re-gifted fruitcake? Have you ever devised creative uses for fruitcake?

I love fruitcake! The moist, rich kind is a favorite. I have tasted some that were dry and not so great, and probably most people who dislike fruitcake have had the same misfortune. I've never re-gifted a fruitcake, and in my opinion, there's only one good purpose for it: eating it!


This post is a part of the "Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories" meme created in 2007 by Thomas and Jasia. You, too, can write your own Christmas memories, either for your personal journal or blog. Visit Geneabloggers to participate and to read others' posts on these topics.

2 comments:

Donna Hague Wendt said...

I love fruitcake too! But not just any fruitcake. My favorite, which was on my Christmas list this year (and received from my daughter) is the one from "Collin Street Bakery" in Corsicana Texas. They've been in business since 1896 and are full of Texas pecans. I'd probably never bake my own, and even if I did, this is better than anything I could ever make!

Miriam Robbins said...

Coincidentally, the first fruitcake I remember eating was also from Texas, although I doubt it was from the Collin Street Bakery. The family of my best friend growing up in Alaska was from West Texas and I remember them sharing their fruitcake with me...yum!

Thanks for dropping by!