Monday, September 20, 2010

A Visit with Becky Wiseman

Miriam Robbins Midkiff and Becky Wiseman. Spokane, Washington. 19 Sep 2010. Privately held by Miriam Robbins Midkiff, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE], Spokane, Washington. 2010.

I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to visit with one of my favorite geneabloggers, Becky Wiseman of kinexxions this past weekend! If you are a reader of her blog, you'll know that she has been on The Journey all over the United States (and parts of Canada) for over a year. I first met Becky at the Southern California Genealogical Society's 2010 Jamboree this past June and invited her to stop by Spokane if ever she was in the area.

We had a great visit! Becky came by my home late yesterday morning and she got to meet my husband and son and even our two cats! We ate lunch, hung out, took a drive, and hung out some more. She showed off her home on wheels and recounted some of her adventures on the road. We finished off the evening with a pot roast dinner followed by Dutch apple pie.

The best part of our visit probably was the chance to talk genealogy for hours with another person without any eye rolling! I truly enjoyed getting to know Becky better and sharing my home and hometown with her for the day. Safe travels, Becky, and I look forward to meeting up with you again in the future!

(P.S. Here's Becky's post on the same visit: Thanks, Miriam!)
Post a Comment