Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday: John Franklin and Angelia Rebecca (LUKE) MARTIN



Grave of John Franklin Martin,Lot 458,Grave 2,Fir Section,Forest View Cemetery,Forest Grove,Washington County,Oregon.Photographed and privately held by Miriam Robbins Midkiff,[ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE], Spokane,Washington.2010.



Grave of Angelia Rebecca (Luke) Martin,Lot 458,Grave 1,Fir Section,Forest View Cemetery,Forest Grove,Washington County,Oregon.Photographed and privately held by Miriam Robbins Midkiff,[ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE], Spokane,Washington.2010.

This is my very first Tombstone Tuesday post! Last weekend my family and traveled to the Portland, Oregon area to visit my in-laws. My sister-in-law is a huge FindAGrave fan and together we had tracked down where her great-grandparents were buried. While at the cemetery, we each took several hundred grave photos to add to the cemetery's FindAGrave pages.

These graves are of my mother-in-law's maternal grandparents. You can read more about the MARTINs and LUKEs by clicking on the links.

5 comments:

Joan said...

Congratulations on a successful little trip into my area -- I do claim all of Oregon, tho I live in southern Oregon. Nice pictures, and the citations are helpful, readable and interesting. A good example for my first foray into FindaGrave picture-taking.

Midge Frazel said...

Welcome to the crazy life of Tombstone Tuesday. Great photos of the headstones!

What a fun adventure you had!

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks, Joan and Midge!

Ginger Smith said...

Congratulations on your first Tombstone Tuesday post! I just recently started doing them as well :-) Great pictures and thank you so much for contributing to FindAGrave. I love that site!

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks, Ginger! I love that site, too!