Monday, February 22, 2010

AnceStories is one of Family Tree Magazine's 40 Best Genealogy Blogs!

 

Today I received an e-mail from Diane Haddad, managing editor of Family Tree Magazine, informing me that this blog had been voted one of the 40 Best Genealogy Blogs in the Personal & Family Blog category!

Thank you to Diane for making this announcement on the Genealogy Insider blog, to Maureen Taylor for writing the Fab Forty article which will appear in the May issue of Family Tree Magazine, and to you, my readers, who were so gracious and generous in voting for me!

Congratulations to all the bloggers who won, those who were runners up (see bottom of the following list), and all who were nominated. Thanks, too, to Vickie Everhart of BeNotForgot for this lovely collage:


Family Tree Magazine's Top 40 Genealogy Blogs:

All-Around
Cemetery
Corporate
Genetic Genealogy
Heritage
How-To
Local & Regional
News & Resources
Photos & Heirlooms
Personal & Family
More to Love:

The Chart Chick

Elyse’s Genealogy Blog
Everything’s Relative
Finding the Flock 
The Genealogue
Olive Tree Genealogy Blog
Polly’s Granddaughter
Renee’s Genealogy Blog
Seeking Michigan
Think Genealogy

18 comments:

Sheri Fenley said...

Miriam,
Well I have made the rounds congratulating the "Fab Forty." I saved you for last.

Randy may have given me the opportunity to test my blogging skills by being a guest on his blog, but it was you Miriam that gave me what I needed to even get that far.

Once I came out of the lurking closet, you welcomed me into the community and made me feel like I really belonged.

Congratulations!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Congratulations Miriam! I can't imagine you not being on the list!

Barbara Poole said...

I am very happy you were on the list. All your articles are class acts, and you don't rush anything through, just to post a blog. Thank you for all your efforts.

Miriam Robbins said...

Thank you so much, ladies!

BeNotForgot said...

Look at you -- sitting right where you belong -- at the top of the list! Congratulations, Miriam! I do so appreciate your contributions to the geneablogging community. V.

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks, Vickie! It helps to have a blog whose first letter is at the beginning of the alphabet! ;-)

John said...

Congratulations, Miriam! This is well-deserved!

footnoteMaven said...

Congratulations, the list would not be complete without you.

From my very first blogging attempts yours was one of the blogs to emulate. You set very high standards for us all. Thorough, well-written, enjoyable posts.

Thank you.

-fM

Family Curator said...

Sheri said it all! Miriam, you have helped so many of us take those baby-steps to move forward in blogging and researching. Thank you. And congratulations on this well-deserved honor.

my Heritage Happens said...

Miriam, Congratulations! You have an awesome blog that everyone loves!

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks, John, fM, Denise, and Cheryl!

Becky Wiseman said...

Congrats, Miriam! I'll reiterate, the list wouldn't have been complete without you!

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks, Becky, and ditto!

Julie said...

Congrats, Miriam! You are the main reason I started blogging, so I am thrilled to see my mentor get such a wonderful recognition.

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks, Julie! I've never considered myself a mentor before, so I feel very honored, especially since you've become such a diverse and popular blogger yourself!

Lisa / Smallest Leaf said...

Your busy blog is always a joy to read. There is so much to discover here. I can't always keep up, but I certainly try!

Congratulations on being recognized by Family Tree Magazine. You set a high standard that inspires many, including myself.

Lisa
100 Years in America
Small-leaved Shamrock
A light that shines again
Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Congratulations on being named one of the 2010 Family Tree Magazine 40 Best Genealogy Blogs!

Bill ;-)

http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

Miriam Robbins said...

Thank you Lisa, Theresa, and Bill!