Sunday, July 16, 2006

Broken Links and Other Tips and Tricks - Free Syllabus

A couple of months ago, I taught a computer class offered exclusively for members of the Eastern Washington Genealogical Society. This class was titled "Broken Links and Other Tips and Tricks." Have you ever heard of a great genealogy website from a friend, or seen a link to a great new database in an e-mail or on a website...but when you've gone to the site (either by entering the URL yourself or clicking on a link) you get the dreaded 404 Page ("this page not found")? There are tips and tricks you can use to find the site you need. I wrote this presentation from things I learned from experience, plus from other tips I've found along the way over the years. For those who could not attend (and for all of you reading this blog), I am offering the syllabus for that class. It is a step-by-step procedure on how to find those sites when the links are broken. This syllabus is offered for free, no-strings-attached (I won't send you spam or put you on a mailing list). Just e-mail me (find my address in My Profile - see right-hand menu) and ask for the Broken Links syllabus.

P.S. This syllabus isn't just for genealogy will work for ANY kind of site you are looking for online.

No comments: