Friday, July 04, 2014

Happy Independence Day


I thought I would share with you a postcard from my personal collection. This was given to me by my cousin, Steve Robbins, in a box of personal Robbins family papers. I thought it was appropriate to use this year, not only because of the flags, but because this year marks the 100th anniversary of the beginning of World War I, a reference which is made in the caption of the postcard above.

I'd also like to honor my known Revolutionary War ancestors. Their ranks are given, if known:

Elisha Dickinson
Capt. Israel Lewis, Jr.
Joel Strong
Pvt. Josiah Strong, Jr.
Pvt. Jacob Fredenburgh
Capt. Peter Westbrook
Benjamin Willis, Sr.
Pvt. Daniel Zwears, Jr.

In addition, my children have four known Revolutionary War ancestors on their fathers' side:

Joseph Chaplin
Henry Redenbaugh
Jonathan Brooks Stamper, Sr.
Jesse Taliaferro

Wishing each and every one of my fellow Americans a safe and enjoyable Independence Day!

Pin It

No comments: