poster courtesy of the footnoteMaven
"Ode to My Family's History" is the theme of the 89th Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy, recently posted by Jasia on her blog, Creative Gene. Eighteen bloggers participated by writing a variety of types of poetry honoring their ancestry, reflecting sentiment, humor, and pride. You'll want to stop by and see who the feature blogger is for this edition!
Jasia then announces:
The topic for the next edition (#90!) of the COG will be: The Third Annual iGene Awards, The Best of The Best! It's Academy awards time... time for the Academy of Genealogy and Family History, aka AGFH, to honor their best blog posts of 2009 in the following 5 categories:
Please feel free to use this graphic on your post.
- Best Picture - Best old family photo that appeared on your blog in 2009. Tell us which you liked best and why.
- Best Screen Play - Which family story that you shared in 2009 would make the best movie? Who would you cast as your family members?
- Best Documentary - Which was the best informational article you wrote about a place, thing, or event involving your family's history in 2009?
- Best Biography - Which was the best biographical article you wrote in 2009?
- Best Comedy - Which was the best funny story, poem, joke, photo, or video that you shared on your blog in 2009?
Start digging back into your archives and choose which of your blog posts deserve to be recognized for outstanding achievement. This is not a competition between bloggers but a chance for you to spotlight your own shining efforts at recording your genealogy and family history in 2009.
There is no nomination process. You just need to announce your winning blog posts for the 5 categories mentioned above in an article on your blog and submit it to the Carnival of Genealogy. Please act as your own "award presenter" by writing an introduction and include it in the "Remarks" box on the BlogCarnival submission form. The deadline for submissions is February 15th, 30 submissions will be accepted.
Submit your blog article to the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy using our carnival submission form. Please use a descriptive phrase in the title of any articles you plan to submit and/or write a brief description/introduction to your articles in the "comment" box of the blog carnival submission form. This will give readers an idea of what you've written about and hopefully interest them in clicking on your link. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.