Monday, July 20, 2009

Pension File of Levi Edward McLALLIN - 27 Feb and 28 Apr 1866 - Jacket

I thought I'd join John Newmark of Transylvanian Dutch in his Amanuensis Monday. I have been needing to transcribe the pension file of my 4th-great-grandfather, Levi Edward McLALLIN. Any of my notations within this transcription are both italicized and in brackets.

[This is the jacket for the next document, which will be featured next week.]

No. 103,729

ACT OF JULY 14, 1862.
WAR OF 1861

Vol. 3, page [blank]
Levi E. McLallin
New Haven
Macomb Co. Mich
Pri Co C 27 Mich Vol
Corp
Discharged Jan 20, 1865.
Admitted [?] $6.00
April 28--66
[signed] A Johnson

[signed] Joseph H. Barrett
Commissioner.

Received, Feb 27, 1866
Claimant
[blank]
Attorney.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very interested in knowing who Levi Edward McLallin's family was? My 4th great grandfather was Isaac S McLallin of Conneautville, Pennsylvania

Miriam Robbins said...

A biographical sketch on Levi can be found here. I hope this is helpful.