Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The 4th Edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy is Posted

Jessica over at Jessica's Genejournal, has just published the 4th Edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy, which has a "carousel" theme, meaning submitters could choose to write about whichever topic they liked. To my knowledge, I have no ancestry from this part of Europe, but I wanted to participate and so submitted a post in the series about my great-grandfather's service in the American North Russian Expeditionary Forces. Four other geneabloggers wrote a total of seven more articles, making this the largest CCEEG so far! I encourage you to go read these interesting posts.

The 5th Edition of the CCEEG will be on traditional dishes of Central and Eastern Europe and the deadline for submissions is March 21st. I'm excited about this because once again, this Frisian-Dutch-English-Scots-German-French gal gets to submit a post to the CCEEG! Many of my readers know that I grew up in Alaska, and there is to this day, a definite influence of Russian culture in that state, including some great food! I'll be sharing two favorite Russian recipes from my childhood!

No comments: