Friday, December 21, 2007

Correction Regarding WWI Veterans in Spokane

Earlier today, I incorrectly stated that there was a third American World War I veteran, Louis Livingston, living in here in Spokane, Washington. I was wrong on both counts: he was not a veteran, and I discovered this evening that he passed away just this week on Wednesday, December 19th.

My error was made when I misunderstood Eastern Washington Genealogical Society member John Ellingson, who had mentioned that Louis Livingston was the only living person in this area that John knew was listed on the WWI Draft Registration. Livingston actually never did serve, as the war ended only nine days after he registered for the draft, on November 11, 1918.

If you would like to know more about Louis Livingston, you can read an online article published by our local paper, the Spokesman-Review, here.

No comments: