Thursday, June 28, 2007

Some Genea-blogger News

Scanning through my Google Reader list for new genea-blogger posts, I saw that David from OakvilleBlackWalnut has written his first post after a three-month hiatus. I first discovered his blog through the Carnival of Genealogy and appreciate his tongue-in-cheek humor. Welcome back, David! We hope to see more posts soon!

In response to Richard Conniff's controversial Smithsonian article, "Genealogy Is Bunk," JMK of Genealogy Gifts has created a new line of genealogical gifts (shirts, mugs, buttons, tote bags, etc.) proclaiming "Genealogy Is NOT Bunk." He also sarcastically agrees with Mr. Conniff in his other new line, "History Is Bunk, Genealogy Is Bunk, Knowledge Is Bunk, Family Is Bunk, You Are Bunk, I Am Bunk, All Is Bunk."

Go check them out!

2 comments:

JMK said...

Hi Miriam,

many thanks for the t-shirt mention. However I think I should point out that "she" is actually a "he"! ;)

While researching my own family tree I found my birth cert and it clearly states "male" !

Keep up the good work - Jimmy

Miriam Robbins said...

Jimmy: My apologies! Boy, is my face red! The correction has been made!

Cheers!
Miriam