Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Happy Birthday, Adriaen!

I recently went through a few boxes of old photographs, and stumbled across this one of my seven-year-old self with my little brother, Adriaen, about 2 months old. He was named for my late maternal (step) grandfather, Adrian DeVries (1916 - 2007), who was born 91 years ago last Sunday (my brother's name is spelled the traditional Dutch way). As today is my brother's birthday, I thought it would be fitting to post this on my blog:



My baby brother is now 33 years old, and like generations of Robbins men, loves working with wood. He displays his creative genes through his splendid chainsaw carvings:



Happy Birthday, Ade!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanx, big sis! love ya lots!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Adriaen! That bench is awesome!