Thursday, April 19, 2007

More Obituaries: SNOOK and WESTABY

Joyce Obland, a volunteer for Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness, obtained some obituaries for my husband's family and sent them to me this week. George Rice WESTABY, II was Norm's great-great-grandfather. George, his father-in-law, Reuben Wohlford SNOOK, and Reuben's second wife, Elizabeth NEARHOOD, were all residents of Forsyth, Rosebud Co., Montana. I've posted their obituaries on my website here. I especially like the flowery and sentimental obituary for Elizabeth.

The obituaries have provided me some new information, and as I add the information to Norm's family tree database, analyzing it as I go, I'll probably come up with even more details, as well as questions to add to my research "To Do" lists.

I recently found a very interesting online biography of Reuben in Progressive Men of the State of Montana, which added quite a bit to my understanding of this family.

No comments: